2022 Porsche Taycan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2022 Porsche Taycan
- Starting at $82,700 MSRP*
- All-Electric Powertrain featuring Two Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors with 79.2 kWh battery or available 93.4 kWh Performance Battery Plus and Two-Speed Transmission
- Overboost Power with Launch Control up to 402 HP (Taycan), 522 HP (Taycan 4S), 590 HP (Taycan GTS), 670 HP (Taycan Turbo), or 750 HP (Taycan Turbo S)
- 800-Volt Performance Battery with Porsche Recuperation Management (PRM)
- Standard Mobile Charger and 270kW charging capability at 800V public charging stations
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics system including adaptive rear spoiler and adjustable cool air intakes
- Porsche Connect featuring available Porsche Intelligent Range Manager, Charging Planner, Route Monitor, and Apple CarPlay® / Android Auto integration
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with 10.9-inch central display, 8.4-inch center console control panel, and optional rear 5.9-inch touchscreen display
About the Porsche Taycan
Expertly engineered with groundbreaking technologies that have been perfected on both the public roadways and the racetrack, the Porsche Taycan is a stunning interpretation of an all-electric performance vehicle. Initially developed as the Porsche Mission E concept, the Taycan pushes the boundaries of electric driving thrills. As the first purely electric vehicle in the storied history of the Porsche brand, the Taycan offers a total system voltage of 800V, a combined max system output of 750 horsepower, and jaw-dropping acceleration capabilities.
Its poise at high speeds and stability through the corners is made possible by motorsports-inspired aerodynamics that help it slice through the air. Cleverly located within the vehicle’s underbody, the battery of the Taycan further contributes to its optimized center of gravity. Step inside the interior and you’ll be greeted by a stunning fully digital curved display that’s tailored to the quintessentially Porsche design of the cabin. Sophisticated connectivity features help you track your efficiency, charge status, and key performance data with a simple glance at one of up to three individual displays inside the Porsche Taycan.
What the critics say
“With a striking appearance as well as a highly customizable and high-tech interior, Porsche’s electrified four-door lives up to its premium pricing. The Taycan also does a remarkable job of reminding its pilot that they’re driving a Porsche thanks to its lively steering, stoic composure, and refined ride. Stomping the accelerator is like firing a missile, except it can be done repeatedly.” – Car and Driver
“Let’s get the big question out of the way: Can Porsche make an electric car feel like a Porsche? The answer is a resounding yes. Driver engagement doesn’t falter a bit, and the Taycan feels lighter than its weight would suggest. Bump up to the Turbo trims, and you’re treated to brutally quick acceleration. The Taycan is a looker, too.” – MotorTrend
What’s new for 2022
We’d like to highlight the variety of key updates that have been made to the popular Porsche Taycan for the 2022 model year. First, you can personalize the look of your Taycan further with a selection of 65 new bespoke exterior color choices from the Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur catalog. Also new this year is a handy remote-park function that takes the guesswork out of parking your Taycan. In terms of technology, many buyers will be excited to learn that the Taycan gains standard wired Android Auto smartphone integration. Finally, the battery pack of the Taycan now has the ability to precondition to higher temperatures in an effort to help reduce charge times.
Porsche Taycan features
Powering the Porsche Taycan is a pair of permanent synchronous motors along with a 93.4 kWh performance battery plus paired with an advanced two-speed transmission. Maximum power outputs for the Taycan model range span from 522 HP (Taycan 4S), 590 HP (Taycan GTS), 670 HP (Taycan Turbo), or 750 HP (Taycan Turbo S) using Overboost Power with Launch Control. The range-topping Taycan Turbo S has the ability to rocket from 0 to 60 MPH in a remarkable 2.6 seconds using Launch Control on its way to a top speed of 161 MPH. Examples of Porsche Active Aerodynamics include adjustable cool air intakes and an adaptive rear spoiler, working in tandem to enhance both performance and efficiency. Available Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) provide maximum stopping power for the all-electric Porsche Taycan.
Charge times and electric range remain two of the most essential components of the future of electromobility. Revolutionizing the way you view the concept of driving an EV, the Porsche Taycan delivers double the charging capacity of many electric vehicles on the market. Thanks to a maximum of 800V charging capabilities, the Taycan offers reduced charge times and lower unsprung weight thanks to the use of thinner-gauge copper wires in its charging system. As a matter of fact, you’ll have the freedom to travel over 200 miles on a single charge. Its range of charging solutions helps make the Taycan an even more practical option for making the switch to the EV lifestyle. Along with its home charging capabilities, the Taycan also includes access to Porsche Turbo Charging across a growing network of Electrify America 800V DC fast charging stations and at authorized Porsche dealers nationwide.
Technology and driver assistance
Standard across the trim range, Porsche Connect is your primary location for all key multimedia and information inside the Porsche Taycan. Using your voice, a simple “Hey Porsche” command allows your car to respond to your request with Porsche Voice Pilot. Porsche Connect lets you get more from your daily drive with an array of impressive features like the read-aloud function to keep you up to date on all the latest news from all across the globe. Cutting-edge driver-assist innovations offered on the Taycan include Surround View, Night Vision Assist, Traffic Jam Assist, Active Lane Keeping, and Adaptive Cruise Control. Thanks to its unique ability to decode the encrypted access code stored on the key fob, Porsche Entry & Drive lets you leave your key in your pocket or purse. Remote Park Assist is another unique function that gives you the ability to use your smartphone to park your Taycan without requiring you to be behind the wheel.
Quintessential Porsche design cues have been thoroughly modernized and cleverly incorporated into the stunning interior of the Porsche Taycan. Minimalism and restrained elegance are two instantly noticeable design traits of the cabin. Drivers also benefit from a revolutionary gauge cluster that features a curved 16.8-inch screen with a rounded appearance that’s typical of Porsche. Four individual display modes – Classic, Map, Full Map, and Pure, help drivers personalize their view of important drive information. Race-Tex is the standard upholstery found on the seating surfaces of the Taycan, delivering a high-quality microfiber material that’s constructed with partially recycled polyester fibers. Inspiring color schemes available for the interior of the Taycan include Black-Lime Beige, Blackberry, Atacama Beige, Bordeaux Red, and Truffle Brown. Another futuristic feature, interior airflows are now controlled both digitally and fully automatically via Virtual Airflow Control. Features like Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) can quickly be accessed on the central screen.
Trims & specs
- Starting at $82,700 MSRP*
- AC Permanent Synchronous Motor (300 kW/502 hp)
- 19-inch Taycan Aero Wheels
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) and Porsche Recuperation Management (PRM)
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) with active air intake flaps and adaptive rear spoiler
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
- Starting at $103,800 MSRP*
- AC Permanent Synchronous Motor (390 kW/522 hp)
- Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
- LED Headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
- 16.8-inch curved display for driver including external touchscreen control panels for lighting and chassis functions
- On-Board DC-Charger with 50 kW/400V (DC) and AC-charger with 9.6kW (AC)
- Starting at $131,400 MSRP*
- 20-inch Taycan Turbo S Aero Design Wheels painted in Satin Black
- GTS Race-Tex interior in black
- Sport Chrono Package
- SportDesign front fascia with vertical air curtains
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+)
- Starting at $150,900 MSRP*
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with white calipers
- PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) electronic damper control
- Four driving modes: Range, Normal, Sport, and Sport Plus
- Optional Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
- Central 10.9-inch infotainment display and an optional passenger display
Taycan Turbo S
- Starting at $185,000 MSRP*
- Adaptive Sport Seats (18-Way) with Memory Package
- Optional Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
- Available SportDesign Carbon Fiber Package
- Optional Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Change Assist
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.