2024 Porsche Macan Electric Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Porsche Macan Electric
- Starting at $78,800 MSRP*
- All-electric powertrain featuring two Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PSM) producing 300 kW (402 HP) or available 470 kW (630 HP) and Two-Stage Single-Speed Transmission
- Premium Platform Electric (PPE) with 800-volt architecture featuring 270 kW DC Fast Charging capabilities (10 to 80 percent within approximately 21 minutes)
- Ambient and communication lighting
- Optional rear-axle steering and two-valve dampers with electronically controlled Porsche Traction Management (ePTM)
- Dual luggage compartments including 2.9 cu-ft under front hood and up to 46.5 cu-ft behind front seats
- Free-standing 12.6-inch curved instrument cluster and 10.9-inch central display with Porsche Communication Management (PCM), Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) with adaptive rear spoiler
About the Porsche Macan Electric
The newest member of the growing portfolio of electrified Porsche vehicles, the dynamic Macan Electric makes history as the second EV ever produced by this iconic brand. Paired with striking Porsche exterior design elements, the Macan Electric stands out with its advanced Premium Platform Electric (PPE) with 800-volt architecture. Due in part to its location low within the chassis of the vehicle, this platform delivers uncompromised handling and a balanced center of gravity. Essentially instantaneous throttle response, refined power delivery, and multiple charging solutions make it easier than ever to enjoy the advantages of an all-electric driving lifestyle. The same first-class appointments and luxurious comfort features you’d anticipate from a Porsche SUV are included as standard inside the Macan Electric, ranging from genuine leather upholstery to optional 18-way Adaptive Sports Seats. Better still, a full collection of clever technology features and driver-assistive safety features make the Porsche Macan Electric the industry’s most appealing all-electric luxury SUV.
Porsche Macan Electric Features
An essential aspect of any true Porsche vehicle, performance remains a key attribute of the Macan Electric. Positioned low within the underbody, the Macan Electric benefits from a state-of-the-art 800-volt architecture. Its E-Performance battery is expertly crafted with 180 cells split into 12 individual modules, each using graphite anodes and NMC cathodes for high energy density. With a motor located at both the front and rear axle, the Macan Electric is athletic and ready to perform. In total, this impressive powertrain cranks out 300 kW (402 HP) for the Macan 4 Electric or 470 kW (630 HP) for the Macan Turbo Electric. Macan 4 Electric models can achieve 60 MPH from a standstill in just 4.9 seconds while the Macan Turbo Electric accomplishes the same feat in a jaw-dropping 3.1 seconds. Revolutionary engineering and industry-leading battery technology also allow drivers to experience the convenience of 270 kW DC Fast Charging capabilities. As a matter of fact, just 21 minutes is required to charge from 10 to 80 percent capacity at a dedicated fast charging station.
Generous cargo space along with expanded cargo-carrying capabilities are just two additional benefits of the advanced electric powertrain of the Porsche Macan Electric. As an example, raising the hood unveils a clever secure storage compartment with 2.9 cubic feet of space where you’d typically expect to find the engine. In comparison to the traditional Macan, the Macan Electric features a driving position that’s lowered by 1.1 for a more engaging feel behind the wheel. Essential Porsche design elements are found throughout the cabin including an integrated black panel that spans horizontally across the dashboard. Examples of first-class features available inside the Macan Electric are highlighted by extended leather upholstery, adaptive sport seats, heating/ventilation/massage functionality for the front seat passengers, and ambient interior lighting. There are even sustainable material choices including leather-free seats, recycled elements, and Econyl® floor mats and flooring constructed with regenerated nylon.
All Porsche Macan Electric models are infused with cutting-edge technology features intended to supplement your daily drive. Accessing your favorite multimedia functions is simplified thanks to standard Porsche Communication Management (PCM), located in the sleek 10.9-inch touchscreen display located in the center of the dash. Along with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, there’s also an optional passenger-side display where your passenger can control key functions. Critical drive and energy consumption information are readily available via a stunning 12.6-inch instrument cluster that features customizable readouts and menu layouts. A full assortment of active driver-assist technologies is also standing by to provide help to keep you one step ahead of danger. Standard features include Adaptive cruise control, Lane Change Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Traffic sign recognition, and Brake Assist.
Trims & Specs
Macan 4 Electric
- Starting at $78,800 MSRP*
- Overboost Power with Launch Control – 402 HP / 300 kW
- 0-60 MPH – 4.9 Seconds (with Launch Control)
- Top Track Speed – 136 MPH
Macan Turbo Electric
- Starting at $105,300 MSRP*
- Overboost Power with Launch Control – 630 HP / 470 kW
- 0-60 MPH – 3.1 Seconds (with Launch Control)
- Top Track Speed – 161 MPH
Reserve My 2024 Macan Electric
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.