2022 Porsche Cayenne review with prices, photos, & specs
- Starting at $69,000 MSRP*
- Standard 3.0L single-turbo V6 with 335 horsepower / 332 lb-ft of torque (Cayenne), available 2.9L twin-turbo V6 with 434 horsepower / 405 lb-ft of torque (Cayenne S), or available twin-turbocharged V8 with 541 or 453 horsepower / 457 or 568 lb-ft of torque (Cayenne Turbo)
- Eight-speed Tiptronic S gearbox
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) AWD
- Available rear-axle steering for increased agility and stability
- Intensive use of aluminum reduces weight vs. previous generation
- Optional Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB)
- Available Burmester® 3D High-End Surround Sound System
About the Porsche Cayenne
Building upon the success of the first-generation model introduced in 2003, the Porsche Cayenne pushes the boundaries of performance with technological innovations, enhanced on-road exhilaration, and luxurious comfort. Drivers will have their choice of a nicely-equipped Cayenne, bold Cayenne S, or the track-inspired Cayenne GTS and Cayenne Turbo for the pinnacle of SUV performance. Now more striking than ever before, the athletic exterior of the Cayenne features new styling accents and engineering breakthroughs. Matching its bold styling, the interior of the Cayenne includes several of the same enhancements and technologies which debuted on the award-winning Porsche Panamera.
What the critics say
“Now in its third generation, the Cayenne continues to truly be the Porsche of midsize crossovers. This SUV delivers the distinct aesthetic, thrilling performance, and posh interior associated with the Porsche brand with the versatility of a midsize luxury SUV, all with little compromise.” – Kelley Blue Book
“There are few vehicles — high-performance luxury SUVs or otherwise — that are as well-rounded as the Porsche Cayenne. Whether you’re looking for an SUV that’s practical or slinky — or fast or fuel-efficient (or all four!) — there’s a Cayenne variant to suit your needs.” – Edmunds
What’s New for 2022
Changes to the successful Porsche Cayenne are relatively minor for the 2022 model year. Updates to its infotainment system include the addition of wireless Apple CarPlay smartphone integration and wired Android Auto compatibility. Its navigation software receives updates that improve route processing and display clarity. Additionally, the 6th generation PCM software now benefits from over-the-air updates along with improved voice recognition capabilities.
Porsche Cayenne features
A standard 3.0-liter single-turbo V6 making 335 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque allows the Porsche Cayenne to rocket from 0 to 60 MPH in a blistering 5.9 seconds (5.6 seconds when equipped with the available Sport Chrono package). When you step up to the Cayenne S, you’ll enjoy a 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 that makes 434 horsepower and 405 lb-ft of torque. For the ultimate in Porsche performance, the exciting Cayenne Turbo delivers a truly remarkable track-focused SUV experience thanks to its twin-turbocharged V8 that produces a blistering 541 horsepower and 567 lb-ft of torque.
Also standard across the Cayenne model lineup is a responsive eight-speed Tiptronic S automatic transmission. You’ll also receive fully-variable Porsche Traction Management (PTM) all-wheel drive regardless of trim level. A world-first technology, Porsche Surface Coated Brakes feature a specialized finish that increases friction values while simultaneously reducing wear and brake dust buildup.
In keeping with the lineage of its predecessors, the Porsche Cayenne prominently features several design cues which represent a logical continuation to this model’s impressive legacy. Its front fascia includes enlarged air intakes in addition to horizontal light edges which give the Cayenne a wider, more confident look. With the rear seats in their upright position, cargo volume has grown by nearly 15 percent as compared to the prior generation for a total of 27.3 cubic feet of space. The available Porsche Dynamic Light System (PLDS) or LED Matrix Beam headlights enhance the visual appeal of the Cayenne while providing brilliantly clear illumination.
Originally debuted inside the 918 Spyder, the Porsche Cayenne now includes a specialized Sport Chrono Package with individually configurable modes. You’ll experience a new level of connectivity with the most current version of Porsche Communication Management (PCM). A revised display and control concept for the Cayenne comes in the form of a massive 12.3-inch full-HD touchscreen. PCM gives drivers the ability to customize their experience thanks to personalized layouts with space for up to six individual profiles. Specialized sound systems from Bose® and Burmester® provide a concert-like listening experience in the Porsche Cayenne.
Trims & specs
- Starting at $69,000 MSRP*
- 3.0-Liter Turbocharged V6 with 335 horsepower and 332 lb-ft of torque paired to an 8-speed Tiptronic S automatic transmission
- Connect Plus including Online Navigation Module and Apple® CarPlay
- LED headlights and Three-dimensional LED taillights
- ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
- 8-way front comfort seats
- Starting at $86,800 MSRP*
- 2.9-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V6 with 434 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM): active all-wheel drive with electronic and map-controlled multi-plate clutch
- Integrated Porsche 4D-Chassis Control
- Hi-fi sound system with 10 speakers, total output of 150 watts
- Optional Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) with Memory Package
- Starting at $107,300 MSRP*
- 4.0-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V8 with 453 horsepower and 457 lb-ft of torque
- GTS Interior Package with Race-Tex
- 21-inch RS Spyder Design Wheels in Satin Black
- GTS Exterior Design
- Starting at $129,900 MSRP*
- 4.0-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V8 with 541 horsepower and 568 lb-ft of torque
- Adaptive Air Suspension including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 speakers including subwoofer; total output of 710 watts
- Heated multifunction steering wheel in Turbo design with shift-paddles with rim in smooth-finish leather
- 18-way seats in front with memory package
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.